With the Olympics just around the corner the BBC have began broadcasting sporting events on Facebook this week to users in the UK. The move is the first of its kind involving an International Broadcasting medium and will offer the chance for users of the Social Networking site to interact with other users as they watch some of the world’s greatest events.
The application is currently being used for the coverage of Wimbledon and will be added to the BBC’s London 2012 portal page that has already been launched in preparation for the upcoming Olympic Games.
For the BBC it puts the ahead in terms of offering the most unique and interactive service to enjoy such events. If you were to log on to any of the top social networking sites, especially Facebook, when there is a major event taking place, then you would already see that people like to update their statuses or tweet about what is happening in real time. This application allows the user to watch the event and discuss it with more simplicity as they no longer have to switch between websites.
For Facebook well they are not short of ideas on how to exploit this themselves although this will not be possible during the Olympics themselves. They plan to include their targeted ads alongside the streaming window. This should see a successful response due to the amount of people who watch these events and how targeted the ads will be in relation to this.
The BBC sport app will be used throughout Wimbledon as a testing platform and developments and improvements are expected as the tournament progresses, where necessary.
- Camiseta de BAYERN MUNICH on About Barsbank Ltd
- high ranking seo on Top Ten Tips for Finding the Perfect Web Developer or Development Company
- Roxy Bedding on Top Ten Tips for Finding the Perfect Web Developer or Development Company
- female driving instructor ilford on Top Ten Tips for Finding the Perfect Web Developer or Development Company
- bangla song mila on Top Ten Tips for Finding the Perfect Web Developer or Development Company